Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Arts > Artists > B > 4 > Charles Barry

Charles Barry Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 40 pictures in our Charles Barry collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Surgeons Hall Featured Charles Barry Print

Surgeons Hall

The Company of Surgeons moved from Surgeons Hall in Old Bailey to a site at 41 Lincolns Inn Fields in 1797. Construction of the first College building, to a design by George Dance the Younger, and James Lewis, took from 1805 to 1813. In 1833 Sir Charles Barry won the public competition to design a replacement. The library and portico of this building are all that remain today after a German incendiary bomb hit the College in 1941

© Mary Evans / Peter & Dawn Cope Collection Mary Evans / Peter & Dawn Cope Collection

London - Palace of Westminster Featured Charles Barry Print

London - Palace of Westminster

Clouds wizz past Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster in London, United KingdomThe Palace of Westminster is the meeting place of the two houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The Palace lies on the Middlesex bank of the River Thames in the City of Westminster, in central London. The original palace was destroyed by a fire. The subsequent competition for the reconstruction of the Palace was won by architect Charles Barry and his design for a building in the Perpendicular Gothic style.Construction started in 1840 and lasted for thirty years, suffering great delays and cost overruns, as well as the death of the leading architect

© Jon and Tina Reid

The Reform Club, 1969 Featured Charles Barry Print

The Reform Club, 1969

The smoking room of the Reform Club on Pall Mall, London in 1969. The Reform Club was founded in 1836, in Pall Mall, in the centre of what is often called Londons Clubland. The founders commissioned a leading architect of the day, Charles Barry, to build an imposing and palatial clubhouse. It is as splendid today as when it opened in 1841. Membership was restricted to those who pledged support for the Great Reform Act of 1832, and the many MPs and Whig peers among the early members developed the Club as the political headquarters of the Liberal Party, though the club today has no political affiliation. Date: 1969

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10554598