Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Transportation > Cars > Plymouth

Plymouth Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 30 pictures in our Plymouth collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


USA, New England, Vermont, Plymouth Notch, President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site Featured Plymouth Print

USA, New England, Vermont, Plymouth Notch, President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site

USA, New England, Vermont, Plymouth Notch, President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site, village was the birthplace of US President Calvin Coolidge, The Wilder Barn, Model T Ford

© Walter Bibikow / AWL Images

Antique, Automobiles, Birthplace, Calvin Coolidge, Car, Eastern Us, Ford, Jai, Model T, New England, North America, Northeast, Northeastern, Plymouth Notch, President, President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site, Travel Destinations, United States, Us, Usa, Vermont, Village, Vt, Walter Bibikow, Wilder Barn

The Old Grammar School, Queen Street, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 18th April 1965 Featured Plymouth Print

The Old Grammar School, Queen Street, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 18th April 1965

The photograph shows the front elevation of the Grammar School in a dilapidated condition after years of neglect. Situated on Queen Street is a granite facade on which there is the Coat of Arms of Viscount Mount Edgcumbe and Valletort (Valletort being the title inherited on the death of a relative in Plymouth). This is the only remaining part of the Old Grammar School which was built by Lord Edgcumbe in 1781. The building was erected over the former Market Hall, with the upstairs intended for an Assembly Room and Concert Hall. However, became the Grammar Schoolroom instead. The Corporation paid twenty pounds per year, which enabled it to nominate six local boys to be educated free. The Grammar School closed in 1842, but schooling on the premises continued with a Writing or 'Commercial School' until the end of the 19th century. It has had many uses since, including balls, concerts and meetings. Soup kitchens were run from the building in 1898-1899 and again during the Depression in the 1920s-1930s. Before the town had a cinema, silent movies were shown in the upstairs room and school children were taught the art of butter-making. The Sherwood Foresters were billeted there during the First World War and the Town Band later used the building for their practice room. The forecourt was used as a garage for repairs, car hire and petrol sales for over 20 years until the Second World War when it was used to billet US soldiers. After many years of neglect and disrepair, a redevelopment scheme provided sixteen flats for local senior citizens. This development retained the old facade and opened on 15th September 1981. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf